My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cannonlewis.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

My Musings

I design because I feel compelled to express something I don't know how to otherwise articulate.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hey Peacock



I love this ring. I love that it lays flat. I love that it has black diamonds & white diamonds. I love that I'm actually wearing it right now as I type.
I love peacocks. My grandparents had peacocks as pets when I was growing up. I used to feed them out of my hand (see picture above of me at age 2). I could look out my window and see the male peacocks with their rattling feathers spread trying to woo the ladies. We used peacock feathers as cat toys - my grandfather named them cat fishing poles.

I love symbols. The peacock feather was used in Dutch Vanitas Paintings as a symbol of vanity. Look next time you go to a museum.
This is why I love the peacock ring.