My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cannonlewis.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

My Musings

I design because I feel compelled to express something I don't know how to otherwise articulate.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Easter at Chelsea Market


I loved Easter when I was little: new dress, new shoes, taking flowers to church to put on the cross, and the eggs. My grandparents had a huge Easter egg hunt at their house, then there was another one at the country club, and then my sister and I would take turns hiding eggs around the house to continue the merriment. My mom had an Easter tree that I helped her make one year and she taught us how to take a needle and blow out the yolks in the eggs and dye them to make ornaments. I even took a class one year to learn to make Czech Easter eggs.
But my favorite eggs of all were the sugar eggs. I remember having small ones with ducks floating in a pond of icing, large ones with a family rabbits in a grassy field, and I even got a kit one year with the supplies to make my own sugar eggs. I saw these eggs today at the Chelsea Market and my heart jumped - for a second I felt like I was age five again and the Easter Bunny was real and my stress list consisted of not being allowed to wear my new white shoes yet and my basket being too small to hold all of my eggs...