My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cannonlewis.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

My Musings

I design because I feel compelled to express something I don't know how to otherwise articulate.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sail On.


I want them all. Sea Bags is a company based in Portland, Maine that takes reclaimed sailboat sails and turns them into very cool tote bags - a perfect summer accessory. You can visit their website here.

To add to this nautical inspired post, I heard this poem referenced this week, and I thought I would leave you with a thoughtful reminder...

The "Winds of Fate" by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
One ship drives east and another drives west
With the selfsame winds that blow.
'Tis the set of the sails,
And Not the gales,
That tell us the way to go.
Like the winds of the sea are the ways of fate;
As we voyage along through life,
'Tis the set of a soul
That decides its goal,
And not the calm or the strife.