My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cannonlewis.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

My Musings

I design because I feel compelled to express something I don't know how to otherwise articulate.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

So I have received some feedback. A few of you want to know where I find everything else and how I put the outfits all together, and what to do if you are on a budget. So I am going to divulge some of my secrets intermittently.

I am a scavenger. I like hunting and I like finding. If friends ask, I will always tell how much I paid for things IF I got a deal, and when I don't get deals, I don't say anything, and hope my husband doesn't notice.

I don't pay full price for basics. I pay full price for nice fabrics, soft leather, texture, artistry, craftsmanship and detail. But full price is never as fun as finding something - I love the feeling I get when I happen upon something fantastic for less. Hard to explain unless you know what I am talking about...

TJ Maxx - in the designer section I can find some good things. Also their shoes are great. It is hit or miss.
Loehman's NYC - better than TJ Maxx. I have found gorgeous silk scarves, nice hand bags, smaller RTW niche designers who I love, and Cashmere, Cashmere, Cashmere.
Century 21 NYC- also discount but I haven't had as good of luck.
Consignment - takes digging to another level, however I have scored new Phillip Lim w/tags vintage Chanel, St. John, and Dior to name a few.
Daffy's - at 34th street Harold Square NYC. I hate the location, which is probably good so I don't go all the time, however they carry beautiful European children's clothing, children's cashmere, etc. Adult clothing is lacking - so don't go unless you have children.
Sample Sales - these can be amazing.
Ebay - I have found some things, but only when I know exactly what I want and all the details on the item so I don't get scammed.