My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cannonlewis.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

My Musings

I design because I feel compelled to express something I don't know how to otherwise articulate.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

@PiperlimeBrand ::: Soho Pop-Up Store

Like the rest of New York City, I have been bombarded with ads and mentions of Piperlime in the taxis, in WWD, and twitter to name a few. So I guess I am living proof that advertising blitzes do work, because I went to the Piperlime Pop-Up Store in Soho yesterday to see what this was all about.

I was beyond impressed. If you are in New York, GO. I have never bought anything from Piperlime's website, but that will be changing soon because the pop-up store really brought everything to life.  They merchandise with an array of price points and I was especially impressed with the quality of the less expensive items. Sometimes it is hard to translate clothing and accessories on a website (I know that first hand) but I have to say - even if you are not sure how their items are going to translate - from what I saw yesterday - it will be better than what you see pictured (and with free shipping & return shipping you have nothing to lose)!

At the Piperlime Pop-Up store they also give you a chance to style a look with the store's clothing and accessories (my inner stylist was loving this part).  Yesterday's theme was "faux fur" where I had to incorporate a faux piece with my look.  They take pictures of each person's look and judge them at the end of the day. Each day the winner receives a $100 gift certificate to Piperlime.

Some of my favorite items that I saw yesterday ....
Military Jacket $108 (I bought this one and LOVE it)
Stardust Sequin Dress $158
Faux Fur Vest $92
Gold Party Dress $295
Tiered Side Top $95
Batwing Blouse $389
Tallulah Boot $299
Meris Boot $78

If you are in New York: Piperlime Pop-Up Store, 93 Mercer Street at Spring. Open until 3 October.